Every now and then I receive products for review and I am not exactly sure what to do with them, but my running coaches recommend them for me so I know exactly what my stats are. My roommie Jen is a PICU nurse and did a little Happy Dance when she saw the box come in for the Santamedical SM-165 Finger Pulse Oximeter as it was sent from Dr. Sanjay Gumpta. She was headed out on a back country hike in Alaska and I handed it to her to test out for me. Who better than nurses to tell me if this product worked or not?
All of her nurse friends were jealous that she had the new Finger Pulse Oximeter and they were all soon checking it out and trying to snatch it away. They quickly found out that the Santamedical Oximeter works great in high altitudes and is very useful in cold temperatures. Jen was able to check her pulse rate throughout her winter mountain hike – from beginning to end. She now thinks she either has COPD or is out of shape. Lolz! She had nothing but rave reviews about this Oximeter. She thought it was very comfortable and was just like the ones used in the hospitals and would recommend it to anyone who wanted to accurately check their pulse and SpO2 blood oxygen levels.
Check back as I will take this out on the running trails this spring to see how I’m doing!
Here are the details on the device:
Santamedical SM-165 Finger Pulse Oximeter $29.95
- FDA Approved. Measures quickly and accurately pulse rate and SpO2 blood oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin levels.
- Bright Color OLED display shows real time Pulse Rate Plesthymograph wave of strength of pulse, Pulse Rate and bar graph, SpO2 level and Battery level.
- Rotatable multidirectional display, allows you to view your results in any direction plus Plesthymograph wave options.
- Light and compact, accommodates wide range of finger sizes, long battery life, automatic power off after 8 seconds. Not a medical device.
- You Get: Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, Neck/Wrist Cord, Case, User Manual, 2-AAA Batteries, plus our no-hassle 1 year warranty and friendly customer service.
Leave a Reply