Have you been hearing all of the fuss about the heath benefits of Bone Both? Recently there has been much discussion about the advantages of bone broth, which I have found to be true.
Disclosure: This post not only shares a delicious recipe, but also has Affiliate Links that I earn commissions from. This is how I make a living and keep this little blog running. Thank you for supporting me! I appreciate it. Much love, Kristi.
Bone Broth Health Benefits
Bone broth contains ingredients that are incredibly beneficial to our health, such as:
- Other minerals that are easily absorbed by the body, which are not often found in the average American diet, such as calcium, sulphur, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Of course, you can get all of these ingredients and minerals in other ways such as supplements, but when consumed via bone broth, they are more easily absorbed through the digestive system. There is a reason that many health practitioners are recommending bone broth for increased overall health. When I’m sick, I will drink 1-2 cups of straight bone broth each day until I feel better.
Check out these benefits of bone broth and see what you think:
- In the fast-paced, hurried-up diet of most Americans, we often consume foods that cause damage to our gut. With all of the preservatives, additives, and antibiotics in our foods, it is hard for our gut to be healthy, but the gelatin in bone broth is great to help heal your gut.
- Have you ever wondered why chicken soup is so good for getting over a cold? It’s because the amino acids in the soup broth, which is made from boiling chicken bones, is very beneficial to boosting your immune system.
- As we age, it becomes harder to keep our joints healthy. Some ingredients of bone broth, such as Chondroitin, is great for joint health.
- Collagen is AMAZING at keeping our skin looking young and healthy.
- Bone broth acts as a great detox. It helps the digestive system expel waste more effectively, plus it contains glycine, which is great for stimulating the body’s own antioxidants.
- Glycine, in addition to stimulating antioxidant production, boosts brain power. It is known for regulating how your brain uses energy, and improving circulation within the brain.
Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe
Now that we have talked about just some of the awesome benefits of bone broth, let’s talk about how we can make it! Sure, you can buy it at the store, but I promise you that it is much tastier (and less expensive) when you make it yourself!
Instant Pot Bone Broth Ingredients
- 6+ chicken bones
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1-2 onions, quartered
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups water
Instant Pot Bone Broth Directions
Chop up your veggies and place in the Instant Pot (IP). Sauté the vegetables and chicken bones for a few minutes with a bit of olive oil or butter using the Sauté setting on your IP. This makes the broth more flavorful and darkens the broth up a bit.
Add the seasonings and bay leaves, then fill your IP about 3/4 of the way full with water. Don't forget to apply the seasoning to the chicken bones as well. This helps to flavor the bone broth and make it utterly delicious.
Secure the lid and select the Soup/Stew setting and increase time to 45 minutes.
Carefully pour the broth through a sieve/strainer to remove the vegetables and bones. Pour the broth into mason jars and let them completely cool before placing the lid on top. Unless you are canning them, place in your fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Side Note: I turn the IP back to Sauté then remove the meat from the bones and add in a couple chicken thighs or chicken breasts. I brown it up with a little olive oil or butter. I add in 2 cups of the bone both plus two cups of water. Then I toss back in the veggies that were used to make the bone broth. I let it come together for about 20-30 minutes and enjoy a nice bowl of chicken and vegetable soup. It is so good and easy to pull together once the chicken bone broth is finished.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 157Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 60mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 16g