Have you been hearing all of the fuss about the heath benefits of Bone Both? Recently there has been much discussion about the advantages of bone broth, which I have found to be true.
Disclosure: This post not only shares a delicious recipe, but also has Affiliate Links that I earn commissions from. This is how I make a living and keep this little blog running. Thank you for supporting me! I appreciate it. Much love, Kristi.
Bone Broth Health Benefits
Bone broth contains ingredients that are incredibly beneficial to our health, such as:
- Other minerals that are easily absorbed by the body, which are not often found in the average American diet, such as calcium, sulphur, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Of course, you can get all of these ingredients and minerals in other ways such as supplements, but when consumed via bone broth, they are more easily absorbed through the digestive system. There is a reason that many health practitioners are recommending bone broth for increased overall health. When I’m sick, I will drink 1-2 cups of straight bone broth each day until I feel better.
Check out these benefits of bone broth and see what you think:
- In the fast-paced, hurried-up diet of most Americans, we often consume foods that cause damage to our gut. With all of the preservatives, additives, and antibiotics in our foods, it is hard for our gut to be healthy, but the gelatin in bone broth is great to help heal your gut.
- Have you ever wondered why chicken soup is so good for getting over a cold? It’s because the amino acids in the soup broth, which is made from boiling chicken bones, is very beneficial to boosting your immune system.
- As we age, it becomes harder to keep our joints healthy. Some ingredients of bone broth, such as Chondroitin, is great for joint health.
- Collagen is AMAZING at keeping our skin looking young and healthy.
- Bone broth acts as a great detox. It helps the digestive system expel waste more effectively, plus it contains glycine, which is great for stimulating the body’s own antioxidants.
- Glycine, in addition to stimulating antioxidant production, boosts brain power. It is known for regulating how your brain uses energy, and improving circulation within the brain.
Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe
Now that we have talked about just some of the awesome benefits of bone broth, let’s talk about how we can make it! Sure, you can buy it at the store, but I promise you that it is much tastier (and less expensive) when you make it yourself!
Instant Pot Bone Broth Ingredients
- 6+ chicken bones
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1-2 onions, quartered
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups water
Instant Pot Bone Broth Directions