Seriously, I’m fixated on the numbers right now. And trying not to kill people. The struggle is real, yo. This week is all about the numbers as they just keep going over and over in my head. Numbers don’t lie, right? Well, they are not supposed to! Let’s just dive right in on what I’m talking about. Once you see what I mean, I think you will understand why I’m a little edgy.
For 3 Weeks, I Just Keeping Thinking About Numbers
- I am on Day 21 of this 30 Day Detox
- I’ve been frustrated for 21 days
- I’ve done CrossFit 17 times at CrossFit Retaliation
- I get adjusted 4-5x a week with various other treatments done as well.
- I have acupuncture done 2-3x a week. That’s 20 needles each time in my ears, face, hands, and wherever else I need it. It hurts like hell and I have to find my Happy Place in order to endure it. I find myself whimpering during it.
- I have had one shot glass full of beer to taste when I was giving a craft beer class
- I have sat and smelled a bottle of wine for an entire minute
- I have spent over $200 on organic, soy-free food in 3 weeks
- I found I am intolerant to dairy and that my gut is really effing pissed off with me. I now have one food intolerance and one food allergy. I became a little irrationally angry when I found this out. The thought of never having cheese or ice cream again made me really, and I mean really, angry. And frustrated. So I cried. For quite awhile. Now that I think of it, I was kind of pathetic. But cheese…
- My left eye exploded in what looked like a water blister halfway down my face. That was pleasant and it was the only day I took off from CrossFit. So now I have hives, a water blister looking thing and my face is flush. Attractive, I know. Dates are just lining up around here.
- I’m currently on Hour 36 of a 72-Hour Fast where I can only have 200 calories a day plus water and tea. And people keep talking about food and I keep trying not to kill them.
- I’ve had a headache for four days.
- I finally slept last night after three nights of insomnia.
- I have lost 9 pounds and 19.75 inches in 3 weeks
Drum Roll Please…
Three weeks down on this 30 Day Detox, Let’s See The Results!
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Total Inches Lost
Chest: -0.25 -0.50 -0.25 1.0
Waist: -2.25 -1.0 +0.50 2.75
Belly: -2.50 -1.50 -1.0 5.0
Hips: -3.75 -0.50 0 4.25
Ass: -0.50 0 -1.50 2.0
Thighs: -0.50 0 0 0.50
Calves: -0.25 -0.25 -0.25 0.75
Wrist: 0 -2.75 0 2.75
Forearm: 0 -0.25 0 0.25
Upper Arm: 0 -0.50 0 0.50
Total: 10″ lost 7.25″ lost 2.5” lost 19.75” lost
Weight: 5 pounds 1 pound 3 pounds 9 pounds
My body is STILL inflamed. It is more than likely from the dairy. Studies show a 72 hour fast can help baseline your immune system. I’m trying it – what do I have to lose at this point, right? I am bound and determined to get healthy on all levels.
I’m different than most as I am not motivated by negative talk. You know when people say they wish all the fat people would leave the gym (just heard it again last week!) or when someone says something negative when I’m running. I don’t give a flying fuck about what they say. Everyone tells me that I should prove them wrong. Nope. I’ve given negative people enough time in my head space, no room for them there anymore.
You know what motivates me though? Not developing diabetes and going blind or losing my legs. I also wonder what it would feel like to be more fit, stronger, and to not have every part of my body hurt all the damn time. I also want to hike more in Alaska and throughout the world. It is hard to do that when you can’t walk 100 feet because your knee goes out. I don’t want to live the rest of my life sitting on the couch watching TV. I have a life to live and I can’t do that being unhealthy.
So that, my friends, is my Beast Mode. I have not had an unhealthy meal in 21 Days.
I’ve had two meals out an restaurants – one was chicken piccata and the other was a salad. I’ve learned how to make my favorite dishes healthier and they taste amazing!
I’ve also exercised when I didn’t want to. I hate CrossFit. I love CrossFit. I hate CrossFit. This is what goes through my mind as I drove the 30 minutes at 4:30am every morning. Then after I get my ass handed to me, I say it again the whole way home too. But I have to give credit where credit is due. I might have been doing daily challenges before, but I was not doing anything remotely as tough as CrossFit. It is not only physically tough, but mentally tough. And I need that right now. I am still not strong enough to go on my own and I’m glad Trevor is there to make sure that I am there each and every day even when I make up excuses as why I shouldn’t go. I still go and I am grateful for him for being there to motivate me.
So that’s it. I end the 30 Day Detox next week and will slowly reintroduce foods to see what I react to. This food fight is far from over. I know that I will continue on being vigilant about soy, eating very little gluten, and paying attention to the amount of sugar in things. Basically, no processed foods of any kind.
Where are you at in your journey to living a healthier life? Would you try any of the things I have?
And no, nobody died in the writing of this post. Yet. 🙂
Pin for later:
Leave a Reply