Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for Hillshire Brands written by me. I am a member of the Mom It Forward Network. As always, all opinions are my own.
I am a huge Safeway girl and always shopped there while in Arizona. In Alaska though, Carrs is where I go and it is part of the Safeway brand too! As a busy traveler, I often eat on the go or look for things I can make and take with me on the road. The Hillshire Brands helps me to get my protein in while on the road. I am a huge kielbasa fan and have a slight addiction to their Lil Smokies.
I was excited to see this package of Chicken Lit’l Smokies come out. I love to cook apples and chicken together and these little guys sure come through on taste!
I always like to take an already great appetizer and jazzed it up just a tish. This recipe I have served when I am pressed for time and is always a crowd favorite. Something about Bacon + Cream Cheese + Lit’l Smokies that just makes people happy and always coming back for more.
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Chicken Lit’l Smokies
- 1 package bacon
- 12 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (optional)
- I’ve made these many different ways… for a bit of fun for your taste buds, slice up an apple thinly and spread the cream cheese on the apple slices. Then press the apple slice to the Lit’l Smokie and wrap the bacon around both and insert a toothpick through the middle holding it all together.
- Or you can forget the apple, and spread the cream cheese on the bacon and then wrap it around the Lil Smokie. This could get messy, btw!
- Lay the Bacon Wrapped Lit’l Smokies on a baking sheet and pop into the oven for 15-18 minutes. It is best to put these on a rack over a baking sheet if you have it.
- These taste amazing. You’re welcome!
I Puffy Heart the Just for U App
I’m a huge Safeway shopper and every Tuesday I pop open the Just for U app to see what savings Safeway has sent my way. Since I eat a lot produce and drink a lot of wine, I tend to get a lot of special deals in those categories. I’m always excited when I see coupons from the Hillshire Brands – this time, I was after that Lil Smokie coupon. What’s awesome is that they are automatically applied at checkout once I have hit the Add button. Hurry and login and grab the $.55 coupons before they expire.
Hillshire Brands™ Recipe Tour
Check out some other great recipes using Hillshire Brands.